Skip to main content

TAKE ON...THE 81st MASTERS


I was happy for Sergio Garcia winning The Masters golf tournament this year. He was due, maybe even overdue. However, he is not in my grouping of favorite golfers I follow. I was hoping that Jordan Spieth or Rickie Fowler would show up and keep the youth drive going there at Augusta. But Rickie imploded and Jordan was inconsistent.

When looking at Garcia's scorecard over the tournament compared to Spieth's, two things jump out at me. First, Sergio had a Bogey Free round the first day of the tournament. If memory serves me right, he was the only one to do that in the field this year. Second, when bogies were made, Sergio made less of them. Jordan executed another quadruple bogie score, but it was on Hole #15 this year, although he still had trouble with #12. Jordan also logged one double bogey and five regular bogies in the final round. All this mixed in with his pars and few-and-far-between birdies gave Spieth no chance to catch the leaders.

Your scorecard cannot look like a musical score that has notes all over the place. Ideally you want those notes to keep going lower and lower and lower - my kind of notes (Bass) - on the staff, but they didn't for Jordan. Maybe next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIGFOOT AND THE LIKE

Bigfoot (America), Yeti (Himalayan) or Almasty (Russian) - take your pick of tall, totally hairy, bipedal, mysterious creatures, but the lure is real. I have been fascinated for quite some time with the culture of Bigfoot, known also as Sasquatch  - from Halkomelem (Salishan), a native language of the Pacific Northwest, sæsq'ec. Because of the lack of evidence like a body, hair (for dna testing) or undeniable video proof - scientists will deny Bigfoot's existence and attribute a sighting to folklore, misidentification or a ruse. There have been many documentaries, reality programs and books produced that present the real possibility of Bigfoot's existence but end either on the negative or unclear side of the mystery. Are we dealing with a Mass Psychological Manipulation? Some people have taken advantage of the Bigfoot Lore and developed footprints and even suits to persuade the population. But what if we have both a real entity and hoaxers manipulating the people. T

THE DIVISION (Love/Hate Relationship)

To me one of the most addictive games I have owned, The Division is a love/hate relationship. In my experience with the game, I have lost track of how many times the servers have booted me from the game and sometimes all the way back to my Playstation screen (with the option to report the issue). I see Delta , Mike and other named errors in my sleep because they have been so frequent. Why does Ubisoft make such glitchy games? Why can they not get their product right or closer to right the first time? I understand with games there are going to be some patches, no matter who the developer is. However as many issues as this game displayed, it leads me to believe that there was a "rush job" on the front end. Ubisoft is in danger with me and I would venture to guess, sarcastically, a few more - of potentially losing some followers if they don't get their act straight. Highly acclaimed AC Unity and now highly praised Division are strike one and strike two in my book again

NICKEL AND DIMING (State of Video Gaming Developers)

For quite some time now, the title of this post says it all when speaking about the worth of a video game today. I have noticed this to be on several of my friends minds and they have started voicing their displeasure over this issue which encouraged me to write this. Once upon a time, in this land we call home, video game developers used to create an entire story with all that you would ever need in the game-play and sell it to you for a set price. We desperately need to return to those days.  Now-a-days, developers are breaking the game into pieces of Story, side missions, extra gear, extra weapons, multiple DLCs (downloadable content) and the ability to have an online presence in the mix like a pvp mode (player vs. player). And after they break the game into these pieces they re-assemble them into "Bundles" they deem appropriate to sell to us at whatever price seems fair.  Hey developers, WHY NOT GIVE US THE WHOLE PACKAGE AND LET US DECIDE WHAT WE DON'T WANT T